Friday 27 December 2013

Boys Before Friends - American Version of Boys Before Flowers?!

OMG, they are going to make an American version of Boys Before Flowers. I've seen the Japanese version (Hana Yori Dango), the Korean version (Kkotboda Namja) and bits from the Taiwanese version. Off course, the Korean version is the best because the Korean cast are the best looking and the acting is awesome, except maybe for Geum Jandi's who needs to polish up her acting a bit more. It was my first Kdrama and I absolutely loved it. It was what started me to an addiction to Kdrama and which lead to this blog and my Pinterest boards. 

An American version?? I think they could possibly pull it off but everything else that is Asian would be lost and it'd probably turn out to another The O. C series. Hmmm, I'm a little bit skeptical. Nevertheless,  I'll watch it to see how it fares compared to the Korean & Japanese version. And no doubt, I'll do a brief review here as comparison.

American versions of Asian dramas/movies have been ok but it really depends on the actors if they can pull through. The Departed starring Leonardo Dicaprio, Jack Nicholson, Matt Damon & Mark Wahlberg was a success because these are famous seasoned actors. I still think the HK version Infernal Afffairs is better but the American version wasn't too bad.

Here's some information on the American Boys Before Flowers series. This post will be TBC once I've seen the drama. Stay tuned...



Post comments
I just watched the first episode of this. It was terrible. The female lead is way too old to be a high school student. The school seems like a isolated warehouse with only a few people. The acting is very D grade. The props are pretty bad as well. The music is ok. Zoey's passion is dancing and yet she isn't that good at it. The tuning volume of the audio is not very good. When it comes to the dialogue, you can barely hear what they are saying, then when the dance music comes on, it's extremely loud. Zoey is quite a feisty character as compared to Geum Jandi from the Korean version who is a bit comical, lovable and spunky without trying to be.

Watching this made me re-visit the Korean drama again. Such an awesome drama. I don't think any other version or future version can beat the 2009 Korean one (unless they make another Korean version, if that ever happens in the future and will have to see). The casting, the acting, the plot, the props were just awesome in combination.

This American version gets the thumbs down from me. I'm not even going to bother watching anymore episodes.

No comments:

Post a Comment